Blobr is a no-code SaaS to create your API developer portal. API providers can manage, document and distribute API products from one place on their terms. Each portal is unique and each API provider has its own. They can add their branding and link it to their website. Blobr has been made so that both technical and non-technical profiles can succeed.
RapidAPI is a public marketplace where developers connect, manage and sell their public APIs. APIs are displayed among various categories. The API Provider can add its company logo. Everything else remains the same for every API Provider. It’s up to the API consumer to search and find APIs. The platform has been made by developers for developers.
See the Blobr API Portal as your own API marketplace. From your website, you define how public you want your API Portal to be. As Blobr handles user management, you can thoroughly define whom accesses what among your customers. Your products are displayed in tiles, each with a brief description of what it does. Each has a custom API documentation that helps your API consumers navigate between the selected endpoints. Subscriptions and billing are handled directly on the platform.
The RapidAPI Hub is a large hub of APIs. Each API has a page displaying prices, extensive documentation about the API, a discussion page. Companies also have the possibility to add docs and tutorials. Like Blobr, Rapid API handles user management and billing. On Rapid API Hub, the vendor's API is one of 30,000.
When it comes to the API Product experience, many RapidAPI API providers get frustrated with the way their APIs are displayed. They don't understand why their APIs are sometimes ranked so low in the categories.
• Easy to get listed, but much harder to generate actual usage.
• Impossible to brand properly, the product is lost among thousands.
• Not a platform made for use-case based products.
• Very high cut on the revenue generated (20%).
• Slow platform and no relationship with the API Consumers.
Blobr has taken a different approach: like Shopify, your space is yours. The API portal is a white-label customizable space. The time to first call is significantly reduced.
• An API portal that respects your brand image.
• The ability to create use-case based products from one single API.
• API versioning is managed so that API consumers only see what impacts them.
• Clear and Interactive docs generated from your APIs with step-by-step workflows possibilities.
• An API Portal that supports your business: monetization fees are decreasing as you grow.