Blobr is a no-code SaaS to create your API developer portal. API providers can manage, document and distribute API products from one place on their terms. Each portal is unique and each API provider has its own. They can add their branding and link it to their website. Blobr has been made so that both technical and non-technical profiles can succeed.
Apigee is Google Cloud’s API Management Platform. By fronting services with a proxy layer, Apigee provides a facade for backend service APIs. Apigee provides security, rate limiting, quotas, analytics. It also enables companies to create their own developer portal.
See Blobr's API Portal as your own API marketplace. From your website, you define how public you want your API Portal to be. As Blobr handles user management, you can thoroughly define whom accesses what among your customers. Your products are displayed in tiles, each with a brief description of what it does. Each has a custom API documentation that helps your API consumers navigate between the selected endpoints. Subscriptions and billing are handled directly on the platform.
Apigee (on-premises or SaaS) enables organizations to deliver, manage and analyze APIs inside and outside an organization. Like Blobr, Apigee works with a proxy to manage security and permissions. With Apigee, two types of API portals can be created. An "integrated portal" that can be provisioned instantly and where changes can be made using simple markdown formatting. Apigee also offers a "Drupal-based portal" option, which allows for full customization but requires more work from developers. Often you have to go through a specialized agency. Like Blobr, Apigee handles API documentation and API analysis for end users.
While it looks like a complete API Management solution, Apigee has major drawbacks:
- Made from developers to developers: complex architecture to set up;
- Too costly for entrepreneurs and small companies;
- GUI is not user-friendly nor intuitive;
- No agnosticism with Apigee. Part of the Google Ecosystem and trying to push users towards more products.
Blobr has taken a different approach: while it shared the same API Product approach, the tool has been made so that both technical and non-technical profiles can succeed. Blobr is also part of the no-code mouvement and combines what’s best in terms of API Management, API gateway and API Portal. This means:
- An API portal that respects your brand image;
- The ability to create use-case based products from one single API;
- API versioning handled so that API consumers only get to see what impacts them;
- Clear and Interactive docs generated from your APIs with step-by-step workflows possibilities;
- An API Portal that supports your business: monetization fees decreasing as you grow.